dinsdag 14 februari 2012

In the beginning...

Hi there!

Welcome to my page about crochet and cooking!
Cooking is a passion of my for a long time. I give a weekly cooking activity at work (I'm an occupational therapist), love to cook for family and friends and have a small cooking-group with a few friends of mine. I've been to cooking courses in Thailand and India, love reading cooking books and try new recipes. And of course; try food of others!

Crochet is a new hobby of mine. Last winter in Holland started the new hype crochet with tshirs-yarn (Zpagetti). This was all in single crochets and was a really hard experience because i didn't know how to turn! You can imagine how it looked like and I didn't finish it out of frustration.


In the mean time my partner and I bought a house and moved into it. While unpacking I found my half-finished-pillow and started all over again. 

I got addicted to crochet and learned in two evenings all stitches from paper! On the third evening started the next step: combining all the stitches to really make something. I looked over the internet and found lots of crochet-bloggers who inspired me. The first "real thing" I made (after the pillow) were a few of these beautiful flowers from a tutorial of Tara from Alaska (thanks for posting these lovely flowers!). It decorates my jeans jacket and lots of other stuff!

Now I crochet almost every day, while 1,5 month ago I was only able to do single crochets!

I will soon post other stuff I made. One of it (the one I'm most proud of) is a surprise for my pregnant sister, so I can't post it yet. After the baby is delivered I will post it!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten